Monday, November 21, 2011

Post Production Process in Sony Vegas 8.0

I've been asked quite a number of times to show the basic color correction I do on the clips as well as explain which video editing software I use and why. So here is a little 'tutorial' - noobstyle :) I also show a bit of the most frequent tools I use: zooming in/out (event pan crop), insert text media and overlay it with images, soundtrack and my render settings for widescreen on YouTube. For all those who aren't really interested in this stuff, I'm sorry :) Music by Josh Woodward: "She Dreams in Blue" (instrumental) www.joshwoodward.com Practical Stuff - To log in footage from the camera, I just connect the firewire cable, go to Sony Vegas, click 'File', 'Capture Video', 'DV' ... and then you can insert a name and choose the directory where you want to save the footage to. Specs of the stuff I'm using: - The editing software is called Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 - The video screen capturing program is called 'Camstudio', it's completely free. You can download it on www.camstudio.org - If you're using the camstudio programm, don't forget to click 'Region', 'Full screen' to capture the entire screen - I edit on Dean's old Acer Aspire 5000 as well as my Asus eee 1000HE: both work great for editing! However; I have to log in all footage on the Aspire because the eee doesn't have firewire. - The camera I film with is a Canon HV30, the very first clips were made with a very crappy logitech webcam which I absolutely loved and still own! It had a super wide lens and the images weren't ...

No comments:

Post a Comment