Monday, February 20, 2012

Canon Rebel XT survives a 3000 ft fall

Canon Rebel XT survives a 3000 ft fall Video Clips. Duration : 2.82 Mins.


April 23rd 2008. During a skydive, when I open the parachute, my foto and video camera separated from my helmet and free fall from 3000 ft to the ground with 120 MPH. This is the video of that jump. It was only my third camera jump, probably 1600 total at that time. You can see that before the jump I forgot the zoom in a bit thats why everything is so close. I had a hard time to extract the tape out from the camera thats why the the tape is damaged at that point. My photo camera was Canon Rebel XT with the 18-55 mm lens and the video camera was a Sony HC DCR-40. The video camera is gone...done, it felt on a hard soil. No chances. But I was surprise to find the Canon Rebel XT alive! It felt 150 yd away from the video camera, on a much softer soil, with grass, an old dried pond in the middle of the airport. My friend Calin Leucuta sold me the Canon Rebel XT with few months before. He published the story on couple of forums and here are the results: news.cnet.com unwire.hk ddl.otvali.ru topbloger.livejournal.com lenormand-cafe.de Thx for watching this, Marius Ivascu

Keywords: marius ivascu, calin leucuta, cielphoto, canon, rebel xt, 3000 ft fall

No comments:

Post a Comment