Wednesday, April 11, 2012

NYC 1983 and 1986 original footage

NYC 1983 and 1986 original footage Tube. Duration : 15.67 Mins.


In 1983 and 1986 I filmed some scenes on the touristic places like Broadway, Time Square, Staten Island Ferries and Central Park, not spectacular, but a good feeling for the 80s in NYC. In 1983 I came to NYC for first time and filmed with my Bolex spring mechanism motor camera, no scene able more than 22 seconds, at some Kodak and Fuji 30m rolls of 16mm films. In 1986 at my second visit I was using a big ARRIFLEX ST 16mm camera with better lenses and a integrated light meter. Both footage ist scanned in the year of origin smart analog to 2" Ampex tape, later in the 90s copied to BETA analog and later to BETA digital, at least to a mpeg file in my computer. The sound was recorded with a SONY WM-D6C in Dolby C. Thank you to Judy for telecine & color correction and Marion for the original sound recording. Two details: the countdown on the Fuji neon is for the Los Angeles Olympics and the movie recording on Broadway is for a commercial for the new Musical "Chorus Line". Some street scenes are mixed with radio edits from original 1986 New York radio station recordings. Dont miss my other NYC original footage in my channel, a view from the roof of the WTC in 1986, a look in the subway stations 42nd St and Time Square and a visit at the Chinese market in China Town NYC,

Tags: NYC, 1983, 1986, original, footage, New, York, Traffic, Staten, Island, ferry, Broadway, Time, Square, city

No comments:

Post a Comment